The Hunger Games

Hunger Games inspired necklace by ArtCity2011 on Etsy.com

I am right in there with they hype for the Hunger Games. I am currently looking for a job so I needed a novel that was engaging, but not too taxing. When that kind of reading is in order, I turn to Young Adult fiction. This one does not disappoint.

The subject matter initially seems really dark, and rather surprising considering its target audience. However, I got over that part fast and was readily swept up in the page-turning plot.

I'm really curious about this new type of genre where 'reality' is set within a fiction. You will have to read the book to know what I mean. Television shows are starting to explore this. I can't stand much reality tv, but I like it when it's fictional. I also think a good discussion could be started on how the book relates to our global climate, but its more fun to look at all of the items on Etsy that were created with the Hunger Games in mind.

I'm off to read a little more of Catching Fire, the second novel in the series.

Comments

Popular Posts